Friday, June 29, 2012

I love when God shows out and the universe is lined up with what I dream about :)


Once upon a time, a young lady watched a series in a day and decided she really wanted to be on its upcoming season with an idea of a possible character for a not yet written storyline . Fast forward to a few weeks and off 800 miles away, a call comes through. A ticket is booked 2 hours later, a plane is boarded the following morning, a casting session is attended that afternoon and my formerly imaginary role is landed 2 days later.

***

When I was a teenager, I had a grandiose perception of myself and my voice. My former self was to be major lol. Not mad at it all, in fact, I look back and draw from that child who knew that her way of seeing things could mean something to the world. I knew I would be a storyteller. To what capacity, I wasn't sure, but I felt drawn poetry, plays, movies and always felt as though I could predict an ending or add to one. My life was part of a story and when I put forth the necessary effort, my anticipated outcome almost always came to be.

I guess, almost adulthood hit and I got distracted from that version of myself. Then something traumatic  happened to me a little over a year ago that forced me back into a space of feeling empowered via my view of the world.

One day I woke up. Literally woke up. Knew that I didn't have to be around, but  to have been given an opportunity to continue to navigate through the world after something that could have been my demise, was a reminder of purpose. I decided that any and everything was and still is possible and that I had absolutely nothing to prove to anyone or myself. The fun started.

This isn't necessarily a "yay me! my life is grand" post, but one for me to put it out there that that's all of our stories. I always say that I can't wait for my bank account to match how i feel lol. Still working on getting to where I think "There" is. However, I do believe that we all come into the world with a grand purpose but because following through with our expected path can be SO trying, too many of us don't allow ourselves to live up to our light.

Disappointment is easier to attain than heartfelt success (in my opinion)

So daydream away, because there's nothing wrong with being a dreamer. Those are private screenings of the trailers for your upcoming life playing for you to look forward to.

Keep on truckin'





No comments:

Post a Comment