Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Officially a Member of SAG!

I'm official! 

I did my first SAG commercial a few years ago and have since worked on few more SAG projects. Because my focus was mainly dance, I wasn't exactly sure if joining SAG would give me an advantage or be to my detriment since a lot of dancer work is Non Union.

A few projects more,  I hit that dead end of Must Join status which meant I couldn't play both sides of the Union/ Non Union fence. My days of going near a SAG set were on pause till I coughed up the intimidating initiation fee of $2200. 

I still love dance but I've also falling in love with acting. I became AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) after my role on NBC's Playboy Club, so technically, I was then on the Union side of the fence but restricted to only AFTRA projects. The limitation sucked so I knew joining SAG would be necessary if I wanted to get the most out the industry... especially with Pilot Season creeping up.

Got some great news this week about booking a Principal spot for a commercial, so I went for it. Came out of pocket, filled out about 20 pages of legal industry forms and now I've joined an amazing union comprised of the best :)

Talented company
A gang of docs to read through













 



Clearly I was excited about my SAG tee shirt lol

No comments:

Post a Comment